Thursday, July 8, 2010

How Are We Doing - Offers and Requests?

• Thanks to a quick reply and multiple replies. We have our ride to and from the air port and also a back up person/ride should we need that as well. So many helpers I am thankful for.

• I requested a ride from my house to the Kimberton Fairgrounds for the first day of the Charlestown sale. Several members responded!

• I offered – multiple times - to exchange housecleaning for horse/pony riding lessons.Teen or adult would be fine. I run Spring Creek FArm EQuestrian CEnter
www.springcreek-farm.com and I need some basic house cleaning done. It's hard to realize that no one seems to want - even a summer job, especially a teen - performing
a service of which I'm sure many are capable in exchange for riding and/or time dollars.
Anyway - summer is almost upon us and I hope I receive some response. I may try re-posting.

• The community I live in recently sent out a letter to all residents stating that all rear patios and home sidings had to be cleaned by August 1. Last summer, having paid my neighbor who owned a power washer $60.00 to do the work for me, this year I decided to see if I could find someone in the Time Bank who owned a power washing machine and I would do the cleaning myself and save the expense.

I contacted Margo to see if she recalled who put a request or offer out about power washing as I recalled reading about a power washing request or offer several months ago. Margo referred me to PATB member, Fran, who had put out a request for power washing months ago. Fran referred me to 2 PATB members that responded to her request. I contacted Ruth first, as she lives minutes from me. Ruth owns a power washing machine and agreed to loan me her power washer for Time Dollars.

With the help of several Time Bank members, I was able to make the exchange rather quickly and save myself $60.00 in the process. It took me 2 hours to complete the task myself, but it was worth it (it's called pride of ownership!) Thanks to all involved in making this exchange happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment