Monday, September 20, 2010

TIME DOLLAR EXCHANGE - IT WORKS!

From Joel: People fight over taking care of our little poodle while we're away for vacations. We evaluate who is newer to the Time Bank, who might need the experience the most, and so on. Rosie Foster called us after we had been away for a day saying what a great dog he was! The whole thing was a pleasure.

From Carol: I requested help hammering my gutters back in, and I do not own a ladder. Mib kindly responded, brought her ladder and secured my gutters. Since it poured rain yesterday, I was able to see the huge difference the work made for the functioning of my gutters.

From Adam: I posted an offer of personal training and got a response almost right away. I am meeting my responder this week at the gym for our first training session, and hopefully it will work out, and I can help her learn some new things and provide tips on how to improve her training regimen. I'm excited about it and anxious to see what is next!

From Margo: The same morning I put out my request for help organizing my clothes, I got a phone call from Karen, who offered to come right over to help. She and I worked together on my clothes for 1-1/2 hours and – WOW, I’m so happy – I have 5 bags of clothing to take to Good Will! It’s fantastic – a real quick turn-around. I got two other offers of help from members, and have asked them to turn with me to another room in my house for de-cluttering.

No comments:

Post a Comment